Celery and Walnut Rarebit on Toasted Sour Dough Bread
- 250g Brie de Meaux
- 1 small chopped spanish onion
- 1 cloves crushed garlic
- Slug of olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped herbs (rosemary, chives, parsley)
- 125ml Paxton's Real Ale No.93
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 5 stalks of washed celery diced ¼ inch pieces
- 500g walnut halves roughly chopped
- Mixed salad and viniagrette
- Sour Dough Bread
- In a solid base pan cook the onion and garlic in olive oil and butter till soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, celery and walnuts and Ale, then flour.
- Add the milk slowly till you cook out the roux (approx 7 mins).
- Add salt and pepper, chopped herbs and fold in Brie, once melted take pan off heat immediately.
- Toast sour dough on one side, spread mixture on non toasted side and bake or grill till golden brown and serve with tossed salad.
Cheese Snacks and Appetisers for New Year’s Eve