Pumkins carved all ready for Halloween, just time to make our goats cheese & pumpkin risotto!
• 1 small pumpkin (peeled and deseeded)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic clove
• 25g butter
• 1 Small Onion
• 200g risotto rice
• 1l hot chicken stock, plus extra splash if needed
• 20ml of white wine
• 50g grated Parmesan
• 200g Goats cheese (we suggest Ragstone or Ste Maure)
- Heat oven to 180C. Chop up the pumpkin into 2cm cubes. Place on a baking tray, drizzle over some oil, season with salt and black pepper, then roast for 30 mins.
- While the pumkin is roasting, you can make the risotto.
- Dice the onion finely and crush the garlic.
- Heat 1tbsp oil with the butter in your pan over a medium heat - not too hot. Then add the onion and garlic. Once the onions are soft but not getting brown, add the rice. Stir well and ensure all is coated for about 1 min. Add the wine.
- Now add 200ml of the warm stock and stir every now and then until it has all disappeared into the rice. Carry on adding and stirring in a large splash of stock at a time, until you have used up all the stock - this will take about 20 minutes.
- Check the rice is cooked. If it isn't, add a splash more stock and carry on cooking for a bit. Once the rice is soft enough to eat, gently stir in the grated cheese, around half of the goats cheese cubed and roasted Pumkin.
- To serve, cut disks of the remaining half of the goat's cheese and place on top of the Risotto.