Irish Cashel Blue, Vanilla Poached Pear with Walnuts and Watercress Salad
- Cashel Blue 75g
- 8 walnuts chopped
- 20g watercress
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- ½ tsp chopped chives
- 2 slices rye bread
- Whole pear cut in half
- 1 pint water
- 60g castor sugar
- 1 vanilla pod halved and de-seeded
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Peel pears, rub with lemon juice, add to poaching stock (water, sugar, vanilla, lemon) and cook over gentle heat till soft.
- Dice Cashel Blue into small cubes.
- Dress the mixed salad leaves and watercress with vinaigrette dressing. Place salad in centre of the plate, add Cashel Blue and snipped chives.
- Once pears are cooked, slice further and place on salad.
- Serve with a slice of rye bread.
Can substitute with Caradon Blue
Cheese Snacks and Appetisers for New Year’s Eve