Mediterranean Prawns with Leek, Dill and Cornish Yarg Sauce
- 225g frozen Mediterranean cooked prawns (defrosted)
- 110g Cornish Yarg Cheese
- 250ml crème fraiche
- 1 large leek
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 heaped tsp dried dill
- 25g butter
- 225g basmati rice
- Boil pan of salted water, cook basmati rice for 10-15 mins.
- Finely chop leek, melt butter in saucepan, briskly sauté leek and dill for 5 mins until soft and lightly brown. Season with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dice cucumber, leaving skin on and coarsely grate the Cornish Yarg including nettle rind.
- Check the rice, when cooked but still has a bite, drain well and keep warm.
- Add crème fraiche to leeks and bring to boil.
- Add other ingredients, stir to prevent sticking.
- It should take about 8 mins for the prawns to warm, Cornish Yarg to melt and cucumber to soften.
- Serve at once on basmati rice.
Cheese Snacks and Appetisers for New Year’s Eve