Savoury Roast Sweet Pepper and Tomato Fondue
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 2 red peppers - de-seeded and diced
- 300ml dry white wine
- Small bunch of herbs - parsley, basil, oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 200g Emmental or Comte
- 200g Gruyere
- Salt/pepper pinch
- 500g green, red, orange peppers
- 500g mange tout
- 500g boiled new potatoes
- 500g crusty bread cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the plum tomatoes in a solid base pan .
- When soft add the red peppers, herbs, garlic and a little olive oil.
- Add flour and cook for a further 3-4 minutes; add white wine, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and blend in a liquidiser.
- Place into fondue pot and grate in the Emmental and Gruyere cheese, whisk with a wooden spoon till melted. Sprinkle with chopped basil or parsley.
- Serve with 1 day old bread toasted, with new potatoes, peppers and mange tout.
Cheese Snacks and Appetisers for New Year’s Eve