St Eadburgha and Mushroom Bruschetta with Toasted Pinenuts and Tomato Salsa
- 250g St Eadburgha
- 300g mixed seasonal mushrooms (cleaned, trimmed and sliced)
- 1 clove of garlic crushed in sea salt
- Juice of a quarter of a lemon
- 3 tbsp of good quality olive oil
- 1 knob of butter
- A few toasted pinenuts
- 4 thick slices of artisan bread (rubbed with garlic, olive oil and lightly toasted)
- Quarter red onion (diced)
- 250g of chopped cherry tomatoes
- Freshly chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- A splash of good quality olive oil
- Salt crystals to taste
- Mix the salsa ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a hot pan add the olive oil and butter. When the butter starts bubbling add the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until all the moisture has evaporated from the pan.
- Add the nuts, fresh tarragon and lemon juice.
- Place onto the toasted bread, add the Bath Soft Cheese and put into a hot oven for a few minutes or until just melting.
- Serve with the tomato salsa and a few sprigs of tarragon.
Could also use Soft Bloomy
Cheese Snacks and Appetisers for New Year’s Eve