- 2.5 kg sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2.5 kg jacket potatoes peeled and sliced
- 500ml double cream
- 250ml full fat milk
- 125g grated Parmesan
- 10 slices Pancetta
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp Paxton's Wholegrain Mustard
- ½ tbsp Pure Acacia Honey
- 250g Stilton
- Peel both kinds of potatoes, slice and wash starch off. Place in a colander and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring double cream and milk to the boil; add mustard, garlic and nutmeg. Reduce by 1/4.
- Place potatoes in a baking tray evenly and pour over cream mixture.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 180° for 2-3 hours or until potatoes are cooked and the cream is absorbed and golden brown.
- Grill the pancetta until it is crispy and place on top of the gratin. Top with Stilton cheese and/or equivalent creamy blue cheese and serve.