Welsh Caerphilly, Leek and Proper Piccalilli Tart
- 250g Caerphilly
- 6 x 3 inch cooked pastry case
- 1 kgs leeks
- 75g butter
- 250g double cream
- 125g milk
- 1/2 tsp flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 110g Really Proper Piccalilli
- Mixed salad leaves and dressing
- Sweat the leeks in butter until soft, add flour, then milk and cream, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for approx 8-10 minutes slowly remove from heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of Piccalilli into each tart case.
- Add the leeks and finish with grated Caerphilly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese melts golden brown. Serve with dressed salad.
How to Create a Festive Cheeseboard with a Twist