Woodland Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan and Brie de Meaux
- 500g risotto rice
- 1 tbspn chopped chives
- A slug of olive oil
- Rind of one lemon
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 chopped white onion
- 500cl vegetable stock
- 200g mushrooms mixed
- 75g Parmesan
- 100g Brie De Meaux - sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 90 fl oz red wine
- Sweat down the onions and garlic in olive oil till soft.
- Then add the sliced washed mushrooms and sweat till cooked.
- Add the rice, once coated with the flavours in the pan, add the red wine and reduce.
- Add lemon rind and a good ladle of boiling stock at a time. Repeat this until the Risotto is cooked.
- Finally add the grated Parmesan, check the seasoning and serve with a ripe slice of Brie De Meaux on top of each portion with chopped chives and a glug of olive oil.
Cheese Snacks and Appetisers for New Year’s Eve