- 250g Pasta (Penne)
- 250g Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- 250g Beaufort, grated
- 125g Pancetta
- 20g Buttter
- 20g Flour
- 450ml Whole Milk
- 50ml White Wine
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- In a heavy bottom pan melt the butter on a medium-high heat, once melted add the flour and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Gradually add in the milk, whisking continuously, until smooth and thickened.
- Add about two thirds (170g) of the cheese to the bechamel, stirring until melted.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of salted water to the boil, and add the pasta.
- 2 min before the pasta is finished add in the brussels sprouts, drain the pasta and greens and set aside.
- Saute the pancetta until crisp (around 6 mins) and deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce for a few minutes.
- Mix the pasta, greens and pancetta into the cheese sauce, season with sale and black pepper and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 20 mins until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.