- 150g plain flour
- 1 level tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 30-35 ml milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- 450g ricotta
- 200g freshly grated parmesan
- 5 strips proscuitto chopped
- 4tbsp chopped parsley
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 900g tomatoes, skinned, seeded & diced
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- Mozzarella, Cheddar
- Make pancakes and leave mixture to stand half an hour before cooking pancakes. Stir batter again, adding a splash of water or milk if it seems too thick.
- Brush heavy based frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Pour in one scant ladleful of batter and swirl around to cover base of frying pan.
- Once the underneath of the pancake is lightly coloured and it comes away easily from the sides, turn over and cook other side. Slide the pancake onto a plate and repeat until you have 8 good pancakes.
- To make filling mix all ingredients together thoroughly and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Make tomato sauce, heat olive oil in pan, add garlic, tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook over a fairly high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until tomatoes have softened and collapsed to make sauce.
- Preheat oven to 200c/Gas 6/fan oven 18°c. Spoon one eighth of filling in the centre of the first pancake in a rough sausage shape.
- Flip over sides to make pancake into neat parcel. Place pancakes in oiled oven proof dish, pour over tomato sauce and bake in oven for 20 - 30 minutes.