What Dad doesn’t love a sausage roll? This Father’s Day we have created a twist on the traditional sausage roll recipe by adding our best-selling Montgomery’s Cheddar and fruity Paxton’s Proper Pickle. The sausage rolls are bursting with flavour thanks to the succulent sausage meat, seasoned with thyme and Cheddar and perfectly complemented by the fruity pickle. These little delights only take 30 minutes to cook, so you can really surprise your Dad this Father’s Day in no time at all!
Few Sprigs of Thyme
1 Tbsp English Mustard
5 Tbsp Paxton’s Proper Pickle
375g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/365°F.
2) Grate the cheese and squeeze the sausages out of their skins into a bowl.
3) Set aside a small portion of the grated cheese. With the remaining cheddar, add thyme leaves and mustard to the sausage meat and season with salt and pepper, then combine.
4) Unravel the sheet of puff pastry and cut in half length-ways. Spread the Paxton’s Proper Pickle over each rectangle.
5) Divide the sausage mixture into two. Place the mixture along the length of each pastry strip in a cylindrical shape, leaving a 1cm border.
6) Beat the egg and brush over the top of the sausage meat and pastry borders.
7) Pull the pastry over the sausage tightly so that it is fully wrapped and cut it into 12 sausage rolls. Chill for 15 minutes.
8) Using the remaining egg, brush over the sausage rolls and sprinkle over the left over cheddar. Bake for 30 minutes until cooked through and a deep golden brown colour.
9) Enjoy with Dad!