At this time of year we certainly get the most use out of our ceramic Camembert Baker. It suits a variety of cheeses and dishes and is so satisfyingly simple to pop in the oven and take it straight to the table to serve.
For this recipe, we've selected the heart-shaped Coeur de Neufchâtel. A classic baked cheese, with a little extra love.
It takes less than 20 minutes from preparation, to eating - a quick and comforting dish that is perfect for lunchtime on a gloomy day, or for a quick evening supper.
- 1 x Coeur de Neufchâtel
- 2 x tsp Apricot & Orange Confit (you could substitute with any of our Confit or Chutneys for this dish)
- Camembert Baker to bake (or you can wrap well in tinfoil instead)
Baking your Cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven)
- Score along the existing lines of the Coeur de Neufchâtel with a sharp knife and pop the cheese into the Camembert Baker.
- Spread the cheese with 2 generous teaspoons of our Apricot and Orange Confit. (You could choose honey or another flavour from our confit & chutney range)
- Put the lid on your camembert baker and pop it into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crackers or crusty bread. You could also serve with gherkins and slices of salami for a larger supper.
Top 5 Cheeses for Oven Baking
There are plenty of Winter weekends coming up to enjoy the use of your Camembert baker. Here are five more cheese recommendations for quick & satisfying baked cheese suppers.
1. Paxton & Whitfield Camembert de Normandie: The classic oven-baked cheese! Try topping with our Spiced Plum Chutney for a really festive flavour - a delicious dish to enjoy on Christmas Eve.
2. Celtic Soft: A slightly smaller cheese if you're looking for a lighter dish for two people. Also delicious paired with one of our fruity flavoured confits.
4. Tunworth: This artisan British cheese is frequently baked by many of the top chefs that we supply. Try it for yourself at home.
5. Baronet: Try leaving the lid off the baker and turn up the heat to 200°C (180°C fan oven) for this award-winning British washed rind cheese. It has a more intense flavour than our other recommendations and the rind will crispen if baked with the lid off.