Cheesy Filo Parcels
We explored the seasonal pairings in our Spring Cheese Collection to create these deliciously simple filo pastry parcels. Featuring artisan cheese - paired with our fruity confit. Our confits are handmade in the French Pyrenees and are exclusive to Paxton & Whitfield in the UK. Each has a high fruit content and is specially designed to pair well with artisan cheese.
The cheese pairings for our spring filo parcels; selected by our cheesemongers are: Tor Goats' Milk Cheese with Apricot & Orange Confit, Berkswell Ewes' Milk Cheese with Apple & Quince Confit and Gorwydd Caerphilly Cows' Milk Cheese with Pear & Vanilla Confit.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 12 x Ready Rolled Filo Pastry Sheets
- A small glug of Olive Oil
- 600g Seasonal Spring Cheese (We used Berkswell, Tor & Caerphilly Gorwydd - all contained in our Spring Cheese Selection)
- 12 tsp Fruit Confit for Cheese (We used Pear & Vanilla, Apricot & Orange and Quince & Apple) - all contained in our Spring Cheese Selection)
Making your Cheesy Filo Parcels
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven).
- Roughly cut your cheese into small chunks - weighing approx 25g per chunk.
- Working with one FIlo Pastry sheet at a time (keep the rest wrapped up so that they don't dry), cut the sheet into quarters.
- Layer your four quarters of filo pastry on top of each other at different angles; brushing each one with a little olive oil before placing the next layer on top.
- Dab a tsp of your chosen confit in the middle of your layered pastry quarters and add 2 chunks of your cheese so that each parcel contains approx 50g cheese.
- Pull up the edges of your filo pastry sheets and scrunch together at the top to form a parcel and put to the side on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Repeat the steps until you have made your 12 Filo Pastry parcels.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the parcels are golden in colour.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes and then serve warm. Delicious as an appetiser with a glass of bubbles, or as a meal; served with a fresh garden salad.