- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 150ml milk
- 100g Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- a few drops of lemon juice
- 60g brioche crumbs mixed with 40g ground walnuts, salt and pepper
- Butter 4 ramekins.
- Melt butter in saucepan and slowly add flour, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes a light coloured roux. Gradually add milk to make thick bechamel.
- Add Roquefort.
- Put mixture into metal bowl, fold in egg yolks and season.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks, add lemon juice.
- Carefully fold egg whites into souffle mixture.
- Coat each ramekin with brioche crumb and walnut mixture, add souffle mixture.
- Place souffles in an oven tray filled with boiling water and bake in the oven preheated to 180C / 350F/ gas mark 4 for 15-20 minutes.
- When just risen and firm remove from oven.
- Serve with a salad of baby spinach with walnut oil vinaigrette, sliced pears and caramelized walnuts.