Our eCommerce Manager, Jen baked this comforting cheese & courgette quiche for a delicious family 'lockdown' mealtime. Ideally suited to a complex, hard cheese such as Sparkenhoe Red Leicester. However a full-flavoured Cheddar, Aged Gouda or Comte would be equally delicious.
This is a quick and simple dish - very rewarding and perfectly suited to juggling a busy schedule and home-schooling the children!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 Large Courgette
- 1 Egg
- Ready Rolled Packet of Puff Pastry
- 200g Sparkenhoe Red Leicester or other full-flavoured Hard Cheese
- 150g Soft Cheese (you could also use plain yoghurt or cream if you don't have soft cheese to hand)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dollop of Marscapone (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Grate the courgette and pop into a mixing bowl.
- Break the egg into the mixing bowl with the courgette and spoon in the soft cheese (or yoghurt/cream).
- Grate your Sparkenhoe Red Leicester (or other hard cheese) and stir together with the courgette mixture.
- Line your flan tin with your puff pastry and trim the edges with a knife.
- Pour your cheese and courgette mixture into the pastry-covered tin.
- Add your dollop of Marscapone in the centre of the quiche (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, leave to rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!