Here at Paxton & Whitfield we love to compile new Cut Cheese Collections to bring you the best of the season's artisan cheese and fine food.
Recently we've introduced the Summer Cheese Collection, which comprises a range of wonderful British and Continental cheeses and a mouth-watering array of accompaniments. It's been carefully compiled by our expert cheesemongers to give you a fabulous combination of flavours and textures. Inside you'll find:
- Cornish Blue - a delightful cheese with a soft dense texture and a buttery yet tangy flavour that is not overpowered by excess blue tones.
- Wensleydale Special Reserve - a longer-aged version of the traditional Yorkshire Wensleydale.
- Golden Cenarth - a rind washed soft cheese made in West Wales, it has a springy, supple texture and buttery flavour.
- Le Compostelle - distinguished by its unique Saint Jacques shell shape featuring a creamy flavour and a slight crumbly centre.
- White Fig Confit - the sweet mellowness of white fig, raisins and a touch of bay leaf is ideal on or accompanying any goats' cheese.
- Really Proper Piccalilli - our traditionally made Piccalilli with cauliflower, green vegetables and celery seeds, preserved in a spicy mustard sauce.
- Biscuits for Cheese - a selection box of biscuits for cheese containing our Charcoal Crackers, Cornish Buttermilk biscuits, Rosemary Wafers and Poppy & Linseed Crackers.
Josephine Tyser, Buying Assistan, of Paxton & Whitfield said: "We love to introduce a new cheese combinations and are particularly excited about the different flavours and textures to enjoy in this year's Summer Cheese Collection. It is perfect for a lazy picnic and would make an ideal cheese gift for a friend or loved one."
You can find lots of cheese selections on our website. As well as Cut Cheese Collections you can visit our Cheese Gifts and Cheese Hampers sections. Or you can browse our online Cheese Counter to select individual cheeses to enjoy this summer.