- 2 slices of White Bread
- Thinly sliced/grated Hubaner
- Sliced Turkey
- Your choice of topping (gherkin, cranberry sauce)
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the outside of each slice of Bread.
- Place a layer of Turkey on one slice, top with a layuer of cheese. Add sliced gherkins and if using a sauce or preserve, spread that on the other slice.
- On a medium heat melt a small amount of butter in a pan with a lid.
- Place the sandwich in the pan and press down gently with a spatula, fry until golden brown on the one side, about 5 minutes (keeping the lid on for as much as possible).
- Flip the sandwich carefully, again pressing down with a spatula and cook for another 5 mins until golden brown (with the lid on as much as possible).
- The sandwich is ready when the cheese has melted and both sides have a nice golden brown colour.