Our Halloumi cheese is made by Lewis of London - a family run business based at Fold Farm on the border of London and Hertfordshire. Home to the Lewis family for 3 generations, the current owners' grandfather started the 200 acre farm in 1962 and his two grandsons now have taken over and use the land solely to grow the grass to feed their cows.
Fold Farm have 200 milking cows which produce roughly 3500 litres of milk a day. This milk produces our delicious Halloumi cheese. The cows are a mix of 50% Holstein and 50% Fleckvieh which create the perfect milking cows.The Halloumi Cheese is handmade in the cheese parlour, which is right next to the milking parlour making the cheese as fresh as it can be.
Lewis of London Halloumi is particularly creamy and delicate, with sweet notes and is not too overpowering on the saltiness. Perfect for our Tomato, Basil & Halloumi salad.
Ingredients(for two people)
- 190g (one packet) of Halloumi Cheese
- 250g ripe Cherry Tomatoes
- A handful of Basil leaves
- Olive Oil
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and slice into halves.
- Carefully slice the Halloumi into approx 1cm thick slices and toss in approx 1 tbsp olive oil with the chopped cherry tomatoes.
- Heat a large griddle pan, or frying pan over a high heat.
- Griddle or fry the Halloumi for approx 2 minutes on one side.
- Turn the Halloumi and add the tomatoes to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes (until the halloumi is golden and the tomatoes are warmed through).
- Arrange the cooked Halloumi and cherry tomatoes on plates.
- Wash the basil leaves and scatter over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil to taste.