Four cheeses, specially selected to be enjoyed with a bottle of Port.
Four cheeses, specially selected to be enjoyed with a bottle of Port. Perfectly paired by the cheese experts for you to share with family and friends.
Port is incredibly versatile. It can make the nuttiness of alpine cheeses sing and the rich, cooked or dried fruit qualities of port mean that it works equally well with classic blues or creamy soft cheeses. This selection includes a postcard introducing the cheeses and explaining that they are specially selected to be enjoyed with port. A delicious treat for a dinner party, or a great gift idea - you can add a gift box below and a personalised gift message when you go to checkout.
Serves 4-6 (port not included)
Your Cheese for Port selection contains:
- Brillat Savarin Affine (200g): Light textured but very rich in flavour due to the addition of cream.
- Schnebelhorn (200g): A hard, creamy, Swiss cheese with a satisfying sweet flavour. Exclusive to Paxton & Whitfield.
- Stichelton (200g): Stichelton blue cheese has deliciously complex flavours that change with the seasons and develop with age. The texture is creamy and buttery. Spicy notes come through from the blueing which sit alongside nutty, savoury and milky, sweet flavours.
- Lincolnshire Poacher (200g): An open textured cheddar style cheese from Lincolnshire with an intense & meaty flavour that lingers. Specially selected by our buyers for extra maturation.
- Paxton & Whitfield Traditional Wholegrain Artisan Oatcakes for Cheese (200g): A delicious wholegrain oatcake for cheese, fine-milled for a delicate and crispy crunch. Handbaked by our artisan bakers in Scotland.
All Paxton & Whitfield deliveries are packaged with 100% sheeps’ wool insulation and reusable icepacks and send on an overnight delivery service for an impressive and fresh arrival. You can add a personalised gift message to be printed on a Paxton & Whitfield gift card. Order now and reserve your delivery date on the last page of checkout.