A summer cheese collection taking you on a flavour journey for your summer staycations. Free UK delivery.
Taste this incredible seasonal artisan cheese and accompaniments collection - specially selected by our cheesemongers for you to enjoy on summer days. A memorable summer cheese collection; including two continental favourites to bring a taste of your summer travels with you on your 2021 staycations.
A summer cheeseboard flavour journey - from the lush Somerset Valleys, to the gardens of France in the Loire Valley and the mountains of Piedmont in Italy.
Your seasonal summer cheese collection contains:
- Montgomerys Cheddar (Somerset, UK): Rich, savoury and nutty. A classic West Country cheddar made with raw milk, hand selected for Paxton & Whitfield. One of very few cheddars to be made by hand in the Westcountry using traditional rennet, unpasteurised milk and pint starters.
- Selles Sur Cher (Loire Valley, France): Selles sur Cher is a classic French goats’ milk cheese - fine textured, succulent and velvety. It has an aroma of walnuts and the flavour is also nutty but with a hint of lemon and salt followed by a mellow sweetness.
- Gorgonzola Dolce (Piedmont, Italy): A soft blue cheese with a delicate complexity and intense flavour that keeps you coming back for more. Aged for a minimum of 45 days, Gorgonzola shows lactic and creamy character with a hint of fruity sweetness. It is not as intense or spicy as its blue cheese cousins, rather a more decadent and creamy option, one to try if you're not sure about blues but love a soft cheese.
- Fig Ball: Delicious figs from Southern Italy, that have been slowly baked and wrapped in their own leaves. A perfect accompaniment to any cheeseboard or cold meat selection.
- Paxton & Whitfield Original Crackers: Hand-baked by our artisan bakers in the UK, these buttery crackers have a satisfying snap to accompany your summer cheese.
Your cheese is hand-cut to order by our professional cheesemongers and delivered in optimal condition; packaged in a branded Paxton & Whitfield box, with ice-packs and sheeps' wool insulation for a chilled arrival. Every cheese is delivered with approximately 12 days shelf life from the date of despatch and is sent on a tracked, overnight delivery service to the UK*.
Select your delivery date on the last page of checkout and add an optional free gift message to be printed on a Paxton & Whitfield gift card.