Our wooden hamper box - brimming with artisan cheese, fine wine and accompaniments.
Luxurious Artisan Cheese & Wine Hamper
New for 2021, this delicious hamper of treats comprises artisan cheeses, delicious accompaniments, port, champagne and a sweet treat to finish, all presented in a delightful, reusable Paxton & Whitfield wooden hamper box.
Your Oxford Hamper Contains:
- Paxton & Whitfield Cheddar Pounder PDO 550g: Paxton's Cave Aged Cheddar Pounder is distinctively fruity and has a nutty bite. It has underlying earthy notes absorbed from its maturation period in Somerset caves, and a very dense consistency that is satisfying in the mouth. It's a staple for every cheeseboard.
- Paxton & Whitfield Dorset Goat 200ml: Our Dorset Goat is a hard goats' milk cheese with a mellow and slightly sweet flavour and a smooth, firm texture.
- Paxton & Whitfield Stilton Jar PDO 250g: A truly exceptional example of one of England’s most famous cheeses, with a herby tang and rich creaminess. The texture is creamy and the flavour mellow, with a buttery richness that melts in the mouth.
- Paxton & Whitfield Traditional Wholegrain Oatcakes 200g: A delicious wholegrain oatcake for cheese, fine-milled for a delicate and crispy crunch. Handbaked by our artisan bakers in Scotland.
- Paxton & Whitfield Spiced Apricot & Cranberry Chutney 190g: A flavourful sweet and fruity chutney, with warming notes of cinnamon and Christmas. The perfect condiment for the festive period.
- Paxton & Whitfield Pork Rillette 110g: Choice cuts from the belly and shoulder of the British Lops are used in the production of Paxton & Whitfield's Classic Shredded Pork. The meat is slowly poached for eight hours, shredded and then blended with pork and duck fat, which minimises heaviness and adds a fantastic depth of flavour.
- Paxton & Whitfield Tawny Port 750ml: Mellow and elegant, combined with delicate wood notes with rich aromas of mature fruit, our Tawny Port is perfect to pair with a wide range of cheeses. The sweetness is softened due to its age; matured for 10 years in oak casks.
- Paxton's Champagne 375ml: Full bodied and full of flavour, our beautiful Grand Cru Champagne is dry with a slight hint of sweetness. Made with Pinot noir grapes and aged for 3 years, Paxton’s champagne has the perfect depth.
- Paxton & Whitfield Traditional Shortbread 170g: Wonderfully golden, rectangular biscuits sprinkled with sugar with a sweet and buttery aroma. These light and crunchy treats are the perfect after cheese delights! This award winning handmade shortbread recipe has been passed down from the founder of the Shortbread House of Edinburgh.