Indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience with this mouth-watering Pitchfork Cheddar and Ogleshield Mac and Cheese recipe. Deliciously rich and creamy, this dish elevates the classic macaroni and cheese by infusing the luxurious flavours of two exceptional artisan cheeses - the robust tang of Pitchfork Cheddar and the buttery, nutty notes of Ogleshield. To add a touch of decadence, we've incorporated finely Minced Black Truffles, imparting an earthy aroma that complements the cheese blend perfectly. This recipe is perfect to enjoy during these cold wintery evenings.
(Serves 4 as a main course and 6 with other accompaniments)
- 250g Pitchfork Cheddar
- 250g Ogleshield
- 350g Macaroni Pasta
- 50g Butter
- 50g Plain Flour
- 3 Tsp Minced Black Truffle
- 600ml Milk
- 100ml Single Cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (365°F).
- Slice half of your Ogleshield, or Raclette (keeping the rind on) into 0.5cm thick slices which will fit on top of your dish.
- Grate the remaining Ogleshield or Raclette and all of the Pitchfork Cheddar and set aside for the sauce.
- Cook your Macaroni pasta in boiling water for approx. 6 minutes (or 2 minutes less than your packet requires).
- Melt your butter in the pan, remove from the heat and stir in the flour.
- Place the pan back on the heat and gradually add your milk and cream - stiring all the time until you have added all of the liquid and your sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the grated Pitchfork and Ogleshield or Raclette cheese to the pan and stir until melted.
- Stir in your 3 tsp of Minced Black Truffles.
- Combine your cooked pasta with your sauce and pour into an oven-proof dish.
- Arrange your sliced Ogleshield cheese on top of your cheesy mixture and place into your pre-heated oven.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes - or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- Enjoy with a fresh salad to balance the rich cheese flavours.