FREE UK* Delivery when you spend over £40
Fresh, Overnight UK Cheese Delivery
Overnight Cheese Delivery: Our UK delivery charge is £6.95 for UK* orders under £40. Delivery for orders over £40 is free.
*Please note Free UK Delivery is only valid for deliveries to the UK mainland and also excludes deliveries to the Scottish Highlands. We are currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland due to new export restrictions relating to food.
Named day deliveries on all orders: You can select a delivery date on Tuesday - Friday when you go to checkout.
- Chilled overnight cheese delivery: All of our cheese parcels are cooled with re-usable ice packs and insulated with recyclable packaging. We always use an overnight delivery service for UK mainland orders to ensure that your cheese arrives with you in fine condition.
- Hand cut & hand wrapped: Our cheese for online orders is hand cut to order and hand wrapped in Paxton & Whitfield wax paper by our expert cheesemongers. Your cheese will have approximately 12 days shelf life on them from the date of despatch.
- Delivery tracking & notifications: Please provide your mobile phone number or email address and you will receive tracking details and anticipated delivery times. On the day that your order is despatched, you will recieve a notification that your delivery is on its way and an anticipated 1 hour delivery time slot.
- Carbon-neutral delivery: Our delivery partners at DPD commit to make every parcel they deliver carbon neutral. They measure their CO2 emissions, strive to reduce them, and offset the remaining emissions.
- No signature required: You may use the "Delivery Instructions" in the ordering process to provide succinct instructions such as "leave in the garage if out" (choose a cool place) if the recipient is out. The driver is instructed to leave your parcel somewhere safe if you are out to ensure that the cheese is not delayed or held for too long in a warehouse. We regret we cannot accept responsibility for the condition of the goods or non-receipt if goods are not signed for.
UK Highlands & Islands Delivery
There are some places we simply can't get to in under a day and cost more for delivery. If you live in the UK Highlands or Islands, or in a particularly remote location then an additional delivery charge and longer delivery time may apply. You will be notified of any additional charge when you go to checkout.
For all overseas addresses, a carriage charge will be shown on screen before you purchase your goods. Regrettably due to overseas customs' restrictions the majority of our products are not available for overseas delivery. Those products not for export are marked accordingly. We cannot be held responsible should local Customers authorities wish to charge import duty or delay the release of any item. Please ensure that the delivery address and postcode are correct as we cannot be held responsible for non-delivery due to an incorrect/inaccurate address.
Ordering a Gifticon
We can deliver to friends or family and can add a brief gift message at no extra cost. . There is a box for your selected words in the ordering process. There will be no invoice included in the order. Please ensure that you complete their full postal address and, if possible, their mobile number and any delivery instructions.
Quality, Cutting and Weightsicon
Cutting cheese accurately to a given weight is a real art. We don't use machines to cut the cheese - it is all done by our cheesemongers by hand. We always endeavour to get as close to the quantity ordered as possible, if we go "under" on one item we aim to make up for it on another. The same is true of individual cheeses, being handmade again the weights are approximate. One "whole truckle" described as 1.8kg will be different to another and could be slightly more or less than that.
We take great pride in the quality of our cheese and other products. Once you receive your goods, open and inspect them. If you have any comments or concerns please contact us straight away on 01451 823460. If you feel we should see the product please email a photo to email@example.com in the first instance.
Where appropriate, to maintain optimum condition we use chilled and insulated bespoke packaging. Guidance is provided with the packaging on the best way to reuse and recycle it. We regularly review our packaging to find the most eco-friendly material which can keep your cheese order in the best possible condition.
We accept payment online by Visa, MasterCard, AMEX cards and by PayPal. Your payment is processed via a fully authorised Payment Services Provider (Stripe/PayPal) which ensures that all your information remains totally confidential. Payment is taken as you place your order and if the payment does not authorise successfully, your order will not be successfully processed. Please check that you receive not only a confirmation of your order but also a confirmation of your payment by email. If you have not received one of these your order may not have been placed successfully.
Knives and Alcoholicon
Please note that by law, alcohol and the purchase of knives are only available for order by customers who are aged 18 or over.
Substitutions and Returnsicon
Part of the attraction of artisan food is that it varies from season to season. From time to time we may not be happy with a particular product or it may not be available. In this case we may substitute something we consider equally good or better to an equivalent monetary value. Please notify us within 24 hours of your expected delivery date if you have not received your order or are unhappy with it in any way.
Many of the products that we sell are perishable and may therefore not be returned to us after delivery. Should you wish to return a non-perishable product, please telephone our Web team on 01451 823460. Products which are required to be returned will be returned at the customer's expense and, provided that they are returned in good condition within 10 working days of the original receipt, a credit will be issued for the price paid. If we are asked to arrange for collection of the goods, any costs incurred by us will be deducted from any refund. These points do not affect your statutory rights.
Cancellation of Ordericon
We reserve the right not to accept an order or to cancel, once accepted, any order without penalty. You may cancel an order without penalty provided we receive the notification a minimum of 4 working days before the requested delivery date or shop collection date. All orders accepted and supplied subject to our standard Terms & Conditions.