Asparagus Risotto with Lemon and Parmesan
- 500g risotto rice (Arborio)
- Small bunch of English asparagus (peeled, blanched, refreshed in ice water and chopped)
- 25g butter
- A slug of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 100g Parmesan shavings
- 1 tbspn parsley and chive (chopped)
- 500cl vegetable stock - use asparagus water
- 50cl white wine
- 1 lemons, grated and juiced
- If necessary peel asparagus (keep skins for stock/soup). Blanch for 2 minutes, refresh and pat dry.
- In a thick bottom pan sweat down onions and garlic in olive oil and butter until soft but not coloured.
- Add white wine and de-glaze pan.
- Add rice, coat in liquids (stirring continuously).
- Add a ladle of asparagus stock at a time until cooked al dente.
- Add the grated lemon and juice, asparagus and finally herbs. Season to taste, add Parmesan and serve.
How to Create a Festive Cheeseboard with a Twist