We regularly have job opportunities at Paxton & Whitfield, both in our shops and within our Head Office Team. If you are interested in finding out more please send in your CV with a covering note explaining where you would be interested in working, what kind of role you're interested in and why you are keen to work for Paxton & Whitfield.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager to run our Bath shop. Successful applicants will need to have both a passion for Fine Food and a commitment to high quality service. Any previous experience of management in a retail environment would be an advantage, as would general cheese knowledge. To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Our Stratford upon Avon store is looking to recruit a retail Supervisor they are also looking for part-time sales assistants. Please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently recruiting for a cheesemonger to join our retail team based in Jermyn Street, SW1Y.
Applicants are expected to be eager to learn, courteous, able to work in a fast-paced environment and lift heavy cheeses. An interest in food is essential, cheese knowledge is a plus, but full training is provided.
Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Cheese and Fine Food Buyer based at our Bourton on the Water Head Office, full-time, permanent - we are seeking an organised and enthusiastic Assistant Buyer, who is passionate about cheese and other high quality food, to join our small team. In this role you will be involved in all aspects of the new product development, buying and merchandising activities. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn about the entirety of the buying function ahead of speccialising in one particular area.
- Placing orders, forecasting, managing the supplier relationship with a defined group of suppliers
- Providing sales data to department heads in the business to assist them to deliver profitable sales
- Maintaining product data, including pricing, on our main product database and other third party websites
- Leading or supporting on specific NPD projects
- Owning specific branded packaging from stock management to content design
- Developing marketing material to support the ales of our products on line or in store
- Working as a team with others in our small Head Office team.
- Have a love for quality food and an interest in cheese
- Be commercial and results driven
- Have strong excel and numerical skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have a "can do" attitude.
We are looking for a new warehouse supervisor/manager to start immediately at our Bourton on the Water Warehouse
- Picking and packing of on-line and wholesale orders. At busy times of year managing others to do this
- Booking in goods and ensuring all stock paperwork is completed on a timely basis in line with our food safety and quality standards
- Member of the HACCP team
- Taking ownership for the building infrastructure.
- Food handling experience; interested in food
- Experience of working with high end/luxury products
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Data input skills
- Good communication skills.