Confit of White Meats with Cheddar Cheese
- 2 whole chickens
- 8oz gherkins
- 6oz grated cheddar cheese
- 4 pints of duck fat
- 4 oz mixed soft green summer herbs
- 6 gelatine leaves (soaked)
- 2 pints chicken stock (reduced to half-pint)
- Slowly poach and confit meat in duck fat for 2-3 hours.
- Line a 3 pint Le Creuset terrine mould with cling film.
- Take the chicken out and allow it to cool, then remove the meat from the bone very carefully- make sure there are no bones.
- Break it down with fingers and add the grated cheese, gherkins, mixed herbs and most of chicken stock.
- Add soaked gelatine to remainder of chicken, mixing thoroughly. Fill the mould.
- Allow 2-3 hours to set. Turn out to serve. Slice carefully about 1/2 inch thick.
- If you do not use all the confit in one go, it will keep in the fridge (in cling film for one week).
How to Create a Festive Cheeseboard with a Twist