We've combined our smooth, Sparkenhoe Shropshire Blue cheese with fresh Broccoli and simple ingredients to create this warming autumnal soup.
1 tbsp Butter
200g SparkenhoeShropshire Blue Cheese (or other similar blue cheese)
1 Head of Broccoli – approx. 400g (chopped into florets)
1 – 2 Onions to taste (chopped)
1 Small Potato (chopped)
3 tbsp Double Cream or Crème Fraiche
600ml Vegetable Stock
Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cook the onion 'low and slow' for approx. 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the chopped potato and broccoli (chopped into florets) and pour over the stock. Cover with a lid and summer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, blend until smooth and add the milk and double cream (or crème fraiche)
- Add the grated, or crumbled blue cheese and gently reheat the soup to melt the cheese without boiling.
- Serve with a drizzle of Cream or Truffle Oil and enjoy!