- 250g Brie de Meaux
- 1 small chopped spanish onion
- 1 cloves crushed garlic
- Slug of olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped herbs (rosemary, chives, parsley)
- 125ml Paxton's Real Ale No.93
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 5 stalks of washed celery diced ¼ inch pieces
- 500g walnut halves roughly chopped
- Mixed salad and viniagrette
- Sour Dough Bread
- In a solid base pan cook the onion and garlic in olive oil and butter till soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, celery and walnuts and Ale, then flour.
- Add the milk slowly till you cook out the roux (approx 7 mins).
- Add salt and pepper, chopped herbs and fold in Brie, once melted take pan off heat immediately.
- Toast sour dough on one side, spread mixture on non toasted side and bake or grill till golden brown and serve with tossed salad.