A warming dish for the cooler weather - a classic Pork Schnitzel with a ‘cheese & biscuit crumb’. We used rich & creamy Gruyere Premier Cru and our Traditional Wholegrain Oatcakes to create the crumb for this recipe, however, you could use any combination of cheese and biscuits. Follow our recipe below:
Ingredients (serves four)
4 x Pork Loin Steaks
- Pre-heat your grill to a medium heat.
- Crumble the Wholegrain Oatcakes, or your choice of biscuits into a fine crumb. You can use a food processor for this, or pop them into a sealed food bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
- Grate the Gruyere and combine with the biscuit crumbs on a plate ready for dipping.
- Whisk the egg and place in a large bowl or on a plate ready for dipping.
- Remove the outer fat from the pork loin steaks and dip each side of the steaks into the egg and then into the cheese and biscuits mix. Save any remaining crumbs to top-up the steaks when they are turned on the grill.
- Pop the crumbed pork steaks under the grill for 12 minutes (6 minutes on each side). When you turn the steaks after the first 6 minutes, you can use the left-over crumb to replace any that may have slipped off. Note. If you have particularly thick steaks, you may need to increase the cooking time.
- Remove from the grill and serve with vegetables of your choice.