We have created a festive twist on the traditional sausage roll recipe by adding our best-selling Comté cheese and tasty chestnuts. The sausage rolls are bursting with flavour thanks to the succulent sausage meat, seasoned with fresh herbs, bacon and Comté.
Serve these mouth-watering Comté & Chesnut Sausage Rolls as a delicious Christmas Canapé or as a tasty festive snack.
100g Comté Androuet Cheese
200g Pork Sausage Meat
180g Pack of Peeled Cooked Chestnuts
110g Bacon (finely chopped)
1 Large Onion (finely diced)
1/4tsp Mace or Nutmeg
2 tablespoons of Fresh Parsley
1tablespoon Fresh Thyme
Salt and Pepper
375g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
1 Egg (Beaten)
1) Preheat the oven to 220°C degrees (200°C fan)
2) Over a medium heat, melt the butter in a saucepan and add in finely diced onions and chopped bacon. Fry until the bacon pieces are cooked and the onions are golden brown.
3) Using a large mixing bowl, add the sausage meat, finely chopped chestnuts, herbs, seasoning and cooked onion & bacon and combine. Add ¾ of the grated Comté cheese and set the remaining cheese aside.
4) Cut the ready-rolled pastry sheet into two lengths.
5) Form the sausage mix into two sausage shapes the length of the pastry. Lay the sausages onto the pastry and roll up; sealing the edges with the egg and pressing the edges together with a fork.
6) Lay flat on a greased baking sheet with the sealed edge facing down, and cut each roll into 7 pieces. Brush with egg and sprinkle with the remaining Comté cheese.
7) Bake for 20- 25 minutes until golden brown and serve with a dollop of Paxton’s Spiced Plum Chutney.