Early in the Mont D’Or making season, the cheese is delicious yet it won’t always be immediately spoonable. If you prefer the oozy style of Mont D’Or, you can simply bake it in the oven for a satisfyingly warm and dippable cheese feast. Try this Honey & Garlic baked Mont D’Or recipe for a sweet and satisfying twist on a classic.
- Preheat your oven to 200*C (180*F)
- Pop a baking tray under the box of Mont D’Or – leaving the cheese inside its box.
- Peel and halve the garlic lengthways and score the cheese rind with a cross so that you can pierce it with the garlic pieces.
- Drizzle with a glug of honey (adjust the amount depending on how much of a sweet tooth you have).
- Pop the Mont D’Or wooden lid back on top on and bake on the baking tray in the oven for 25 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 5-8 mins until the top of the cheese is caramelised.
- Take out the oven and pop the lid back on, let the cheese sit on a heatproof surface for 5 minutes to allow it to become scoopable.