A delicious twist on a traditional Dutch pancake recipe. Made with our full-bodied Old Groendal cheese and crisp apples, this recipe makes a tasty alternative to your sugar and lemon pancakes this Shrove Tuesday.
- 200g Old Groendal
- 2 Apples of your choice
- 200g Plain Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 300ml Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (or oil of your choosing)
- Icing Sugar for dusting
(Makes 4 pancakes)
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl with the eggs, milk, and salt. Mix until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Let the mixture stand for approximately 30 minutes.
- Peel the apples, thinly slice and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan, over medium heat.
- Add ¼ of the mixture to the heated oil.
- Carefully lay a handful of the sliced apples on top of the pancake.
- After a minute, flip the pancake to bake the other side.
- Place thin slices of the Old Groendal cheese onto the top of the pancake and let the cheese melt.
- Add more of the apple slices immediately on top of the pancake and cook for a further minute.
- Repeat the process for the remaining pancakes.
- Serve the pancake with a dusting of icing sugar and enjoy!