What could be more comforting on a cold winter’s evening than a cheesy risotto? Made with our exclusive Schnebelhorn cheese, a rich and creamy alpine cheese with a sweet and satisfying taste, this risotto recipe is an umami sensation for your taste buds.
Follow the steps below and try it for yourself…
Ingredients (Serves two):
100g Schnebelhorn (grated)
95g Pancetta (cut into large pieces)
150g Peas (frozen or fresh)
½ tbsp Olive Oil
Knob of Salted Butter
4 Spring Onions, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
150g Risotto Rice
1 Ham Stock Cube (or Vegetable)
½ Lemon Zest
1 Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper (to season)
1) Using a large saucepan over a high heat, add the olive oil, pancetta and one spring onion and fry until crisp. Remove the pancetta and onion from the pan and set aside.
2) Heat the butter in the pan and add the remaining spring onions. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, then add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Add in the risotto rice and gently stir.
3) In a jug, mix the stock cube with 700ml of boiling water, stir and then gradually add it to the risotto mix, stirring thoroughly each time.
4) Add in the peas and leave over a medium heat for around 18 minutes, until most of the stock has been absorbed. Add in the pancetta and spring onions, lemon zest, lemon juice and ¾ of the Schnebelhorn and stir for a further 4 minutes.
5) Remove from the heat and season to taste with black pepper. Serve with the remaining Schnebelhorn cheese sprinkled on top and enjoy!