At this time of year we certainly get the most use out of our ceramic Camembert Baker. It suits a variety of cheeses and dishes and is so satisfyingly simple to pop in the oven and take it straight to the table to serve.
It takes less than 20 minutes from preparation, to eating - a quick and comforting dish that is perfect for a romantic evening in.
- 1 x Baron Bigod Heart or Coeur de Neufchâtel
- 2 x tsp White Fig Confit (you could substitute with any of our Confit or Chutneys for this dish)
- Camembert Baker to bake (or you can wrap well in tinfoil instead)
Baking your Cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven)
- Score along the existing lines of the heart-shaped cheese with a sharp knife and pop the cheese into the Camembert Baker.
- Spread the cheese with 2 generous teaspoons of our White Fig Confit. (You could choose honey or another flavour from our confit & chutney range)
- Put the lid on your camembert baker and pop it into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crackers or crusty bread. You could also serve with gherkins and slices of salami for a larger supper.
Top Cheeses for Oven Baking
There are plenty of Winter weekends coming up to enjoy the use of your Camembert baker. Here are some more cheese recommendations for quick & satisfying baked cheese suppers.
1. Paxton & Whitfield Camembert de Normandie: The classic oven-baked cheese! Try topping with our Spiced Plum Chutney for a really festive flavour - a delicious dish to enjoy on Christmas Eve.
2. Celtic Soft: A slightly smaller cheese if you're looking for a lighter dish for two people. Also delicious paired with one of our fruity flavoured confits.
4. Tunworth: This artisan British cheese is frequently baked by many of the top chefs that we supply. Try it for yourself at home.