Nothing beats a deliciously cheesy, comfort recipe on a cold, autumnal evening. This recipe combines the delicious citrus flavours of Yoredale cheese, with the earthy notes of leeks, finished off with a delightful sweetness from Paxton’s Proper Pickle. Read on to create this taste sensation yourself…
Ingredients (Serves Two)
200g Yoredale Cheese
1.5 tbsp Salted Butter
2 Leeks (about 250g) (finely sliced)
1 ½ tbsp Dijon Mustard
4 Slices Seeded Sourdough Bread (or your choice of bread)
1 Garlic Clove
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Paxton’s Proper Pickle (also works well with Paxton's Piccalilli)
1) Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and add the leeks.
2) Season the leeks with salt, pepper and minced garlic.
3) Cook for about 10 minutes until the leeks are soft.
5) Pop your bread in the toaster, then lather with Paxton’s Proper Pickle.
6) Load up your bread with your cheesy, leek mixture and serve!