Savour the delicious blend of flavours and textures in this mouth-watering Middle-Eastern-inspired dish. Featuring our brand-new Aurum cheese, this recipe is quick and easy to follow and perfect for a summer’s evening.
- 200g Aurum (cut into slices)
- 1 aubergine
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Begin by preparing the vegetables. Cube the aubergine and beef tomatoes into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cubed aubergine to the pan and sauté until the edges become slightly golden. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Lower the heat and incorporate the chopped beef tomatoes, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, and cumin into the pan. Cook the mixture for approximately 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavours to blend and the vegetables to soften. If the mixture appears dry, add a splash of water to maintain a desirable consistency.
- As the mixture simmers down, make sure all the ingredients become soft and well-combined. You can use a fork to gently break up the larger pieces, adjusting the chunkiness to your preference.
- Once the mixture reaches the desired texture, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and the chopped parsley. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to suit your taste preferences. Stir everything together to ensure an even distribution of flavours.
- In a separate dry frying pan, gently cook the Aurum slices until golden on both sides.
- To serve, arrange the cooked Aurum slices on top of the aubergine and tomato mixture. This delightful recipe can be enjoyed alongside warm flatbreads.