Four cheeses, specially selected to be enjoyed with a bottle of Port.
Four cheeses, specially selected to be enjoyed with a bottle of Port. Perfectly paired by the cheese experts for you to share with family and friends.
Port is incredibly versatile. It can make the nuttiness of alpine cheeses sing and the rich, cooked or dried fruit qualities of port mean that it works equally well with classic blues or creamy soft cheeses. This selection includes a postcard introducing the cheeses and explaining that they are specially selected to be enjoyed with port. A delicious treat for a dinner party, or a great gift idea - you can add a personalised gift message when you go to checkout.
Serves 4-6 (port not included)
Your Cheese for Port selection contains:
- Gruyere Premier Cru (250g): Aged for a minimum of 12 months. Dense in texture, with a fruity, floral flavour that lingers in the mouth.
- Brillat Savarin Affine (200g): Light textured but very rich in flavour due to the addition of cream.
- Stichelton (250g): A traditional blue cheese made in Nottinghamshire to a Stilton recipe, but using unpasteurised cows milk.
- Kirkhams Lancashire (250g): Farmhouse Lancashire made using a traditional two day curd method. Open textured and buttery.
- Paxton & Whitfield Traditional Wholegrain Artisan Oatcakes for Cheese (200g): A delicious wholegrain oatcake for cheese, fine-milled for a delicate and crispy crunch. Handbaked by our artisan bakers in Scotland.
All Paxton & Whitfield deliveries are packaged with 100% sheeps’ wool insulation and reusable icepacks and send on an overnight delivery service for an impressive and fresh arrival. You can add a personalised gift message to be printed on a Paxton & Whitfield gift card. Order now and reserve your delivery date on the last page of checkout.