Indulge in the perfect summer appetiser: Comte Vieux cheese with fruity confit encased in filo pastry. Our handmade confits from the French Pyrenees are exclusively crafted for Paxton & Whitfield in the UK. With a high fruit content and designed to pair perfectly with artisan cheese, they create a delightful combination. Experience the nutty richness of Comte Vieux cheese, balanced by the sweet flavours of our fruity confit, all wrapped in crispy filo pastry. Elevate your alfresco dining with these moreish delights.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 12 x Ready Rolled Filo Pastry Sheets
- A small glug of Olive Oil
- 600g Comté Vieux
- 12 tsp Fruit Confit for Cheese (We used Pear & Vanilla, White Fig and Quince & Apple)
Making your Cheesy Filo Parcels
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven).
- Roughly cut your Comté cheese into small chunks - weighing approx 25g per chunk.
- Working with one FIlo Pastry sheet at a time (keep the rest wrapped up so that they don't dry), cut the sheet into quarters.
- Layer your four quarters of filo pastry on top of each other at different angles; brushing each one with a little olive oil before placing the next layer on top.
- Dab a tsp of your chosen confit in the middle of your layered pastry quarters and add 2 chunks of your cheese so that each parcel contains approx 50g cheese.
- Pull up the edges of your filo pastry sheets and scrunch together at the top to form a parcel and put to the side on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Repeat the steps until you have made your 12 Filo Pastry parcels.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the parcels are golden in colour.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes and then serve warm. Delicious as an appetiser with a glass of bubbles, or as a meal; served with a fresh garden salad.