We baked this Tartiflette in our perfectly-sized Camembert Baker - straight from the oven, to the table for impressive serving. The cheesy smells from the oven will leave your mouth watering. Reblochon takes on a whole new personality when it's baked; the rind becomes deliciously crusty and the creamy, smooth centre of the cheese melts throughout the dish. For a British cheese alternative, this recipe also works perfectly with Baronet.
Our Tartiflette recipe is suprisingly simple to cook and can be prepared hours in advance of your meal. You can wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen, knowing that you have an incredible treat ready to pop into the oven and enjoy!
200g Charlotte Potatoes (approx 2 medium-sized)
2 Shallots (thinly chopped)
1 Garlic Clove (chopped)
100g Pancetta Cubes (you can substitute with chopped bacon or lardons)
100ml Crème fraîche (low fat or full fat)
250g Reblochon (or Baronet for a British cheese alternative)
Making your Tartiflette for Two
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice your semi-circle of Reblochon or Baronet (250g) through the centre so that you have 2 semi-circles of rinded-cheese. Then slice each semi-circle into quarters. Set aside until the last step.
- Leaving the skins on, slice your potatoes into 0.5cm slices and pop them into a saucepan of boiling water to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pop your Pancetta cubes, chopped shallots and garlic into a pan with a drizzle of oil. Fry over a low heat - stirring regularly, for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove your fried Pancetta mixture from the heat and stir in the Crème fraîche.
- Drain your potatoes.
- Take your camembert baker (or small oven-proof dish) and place half of your cooked potatoes in the base of the dish.
- Next, layer half of your pancetta mixture on top of your potatoes. Then add the final layer of potatoes and finish with a layer of the pancetta mix.
- Assemble 6 of your Reblochon or Baronet slices on top of your baker as pictured - with the rind facing up.
- When you're ready to bake your Tartiflette, pre-heat your oven to 220°C (200°C Fan) and bake in the oven, without a lid for 30 minutes. Place the ceramic dish on top of a baking tray to catch any drips.
- Serve with a fresh salad or vegetables and a glass of chilled white wine.