Our baked Tunworth recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy baked British cheese on a summer’s evening - studded with sundried tomatoes, olives, thyme and garlic. With minimal effort needed, this baked Tunworth is full of flavour and great with a selection of summer crudités and a loaf of Focaccia bread. We’ve chosen to use the award-winning Tunworth as our baked cheese, however, you could also use Camembert de Normandie and Bath Soft.
Bake in your oven, or cook it on your BBQ, to create that fantastic, smoky flavour. Read on for the full recipe...
Summer Baked Tunworth Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people as a starter
Ingredients to bake
1 x 250g pack Tunworth Cheese
6 sprigs thyme
6 sliced olives
6 sundried tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
Pinch of sea salt
Crudités to serve
Focaccia bread (or any crusty bread of your choosing)
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5 and remove the Tunworth cheese from the box. Please peel off the white label from the back of the Tunworth box. Take the cheese out of the waxed paper and place it back in the wooden casing, without the lid and onto an ovenproof tray.
2) Using a sharp knife, score the top of the Tunworth cheese in a crisscross pattern.
3) Push the sprigs of rosemary, sundried tomatoes, olives and garlic cloves into each crevice and sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt.
4) Place the cheese into the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
5) Whilst the Tunworth bakes, prepare your crudities and slice your bread.
6) After 15 minutes, your Tunworth should be oozy and is ready to serve!
Read our BBQ Bath Soft Cheese recipe for more baked Summer cheese recipe inspiration.